17 December 2011
11 December 2011
Gravity: Agile Project Management (software)
22 November 2011
Hepsia - the Most Advanced Web Hosting Control Panel on the Market
hepsia the control panel used by http://www.eurabiahosting.com
15 November 2011
Today, the Internet--Tomorrow, the Internet of Things?
Today, the Internet--Tomorrow, the Internet of Things?
Computerworld (11/09/11) Lamont Wood
Industry analysts have long predicted the Internet of Things (IoT), in which anything with intelligence (such as roads and buildings) has an online presence and generates data that can be put to use. "In the coming years, anything that has an on-off switch will be on the network," says Cisco futurist Dave Evans. "We are seeing it across every industry," says Microsoft's Kevin Dallas, "and we will start to see the results in the next two to three years." In China, Premier Wen Jiabao has made the IoT a national goal, according to Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor Edmund W. Schuster. "The Chinese see it as fundamental part of a harmonious society, especially as it would make services easier to coordinate in dense cities," Schuster says. A key to the continued development of the IoT is the spread of Internet Protocol version 6, which Evans says offers enough potential Internet addresses to give everything on Earth its own address. However, he says the limiting factors are the cost, wireless bandwidth, business strategies, and the ability of humans to absorb that much information. In addition, IoT devices will need new user interfaces that must be easy to use, says Compass Intelligence's Kneko Burney. Privacy also will be a major issue.
01 September 2011
Taking Mobile Applications Into the Cloud
Microsoft Research Mobile Computer Research Center director Victor Bahl, speaking at the recent Microsoft Research Faculty Summit 2011, discussed Project Hawaii, a research initiative that provides students at more than 20 universities with tools to create cloud-enabled mobile applications. The goal of Project Hawaii is to pair mobile devices with cloud technology to take advantage of its ubiquity, according to Bahl. The project creates a framework that enables student developers to use the skills they are learning in computer science. As part of Project Hawaii, the universities create mobile application development courses and Microsoft Research builds the infrastructure, offers support and cloud services, and provides devices to the programs. Project Hawaii offers many cloud services that developers can choose from as they write new mobile applications, Bahl says. Since Project Hawaii's launch in the spring of 2010, Stanford University students have used it to develop a citizen science project application that collects sensory data from mobile phones in the field. The data is sent to a central location in the cloud and turned into a visualization of what is happening in real time.
11 August 2011
What is a VPS
Visit EurabiHosting VPS for more.
09 August 2011
7 WAYS TO SPEED UP A WORDPRESS BLOG
No one likes to wait for a web page to load - if a site is taking too long to load, the visitor is more likely to close it and move on. This is especially true for blogs, which are meant to be seen and read. Today, we will share with you several tips on how you can speed up a blog running on WordPress.
1. Eliminate unnecessary pluginsDon't use too many plugins - they will noticeably slow down your website. Imagine them as too many apps running at the same time - they will affect the overall performance of the blog. Keep the number of the plugins low - let's say from 5 to 10, but don't go over 20.
2. Optimize your DatabaseAll the information for your blog posts and comments is stored in a database. So, to speed up the loading speed, you can optimize this database. There are two ways to do that - with the WP-Optimize plugin, or manually. The plugin is the easier way, but always remember point 1 of this article. If you want to do things manually, follow these instructions:
1. Inside your web hosting Control Panel, locate and open PHPMyAdmin- you can find it in the Database Manager section.
2. Once logged in the PHPMyAdmin, select your database.
3. Click "Check All" at the bottom of the page.
4. Choose "Optimize table" in the drop-down list next to it.
3. Cache your DatabaseAnother way to speed up the work of your database is to cache it. This way, you will reduce the number of queries made to the database each time a user visits your blog. You can cache your database with the DB Cache Reloaded plugin.
4. Disable Post RevisionsPost Revisions exist since WordPress 2.6 and they are useful when there are several writers working on the same blog, or if you make constant changes to your blog posts. If left enabled, this feature will create multiple entries for a blog post in your database, effectively slowing it down.
5. Use a Cache PluginYou can also create static versions of the most visited web pages. This way, you will reduce the queries made to the database. And static HTML pages load much faster. There are a lot of cache plugins, but be careful with their configuration - if they are left untended and not properly configured, they tend to use too much CPU power.
6. Optimize your imagesHave your images optimized - you can use Photoshop's "Save for Web" function, which will save the image with a good balance between size and quality. Here is a list of other image optimization tools:
- Online Image Optimizer
- Shrink O'Matic
To compress the CSS files, you can use several tools:
- WP CSS plugin
- CSS Optimizer
- CSS Compressor
Ubuntu Cloud et Ubuntu One
Cloud computing ›
As an exemple here is a free offer for syncing files:
Keep your content safe, access it anywhere, and share it with friends, family and colleagues.
26 March 2011
Galerie d'images : Supercalculateurs : les 10 plus rapides au monde en images - page 3 - ZDNet.fr
25 March 2011
02 March 2011
Elefante Installer with 40+ FREE PHP scripts
All our hosting plans are equipped with a FREE PHP Scripts Installer, which you can use to install various popular free scripts automatically through your personal Control Panel. It is extremely easy to use – just one click is needed from you to install your blog, forum, CMS, photo gallery or e-commerce website without any technical knowledge.
You will make huge savings using the Free Scripts Installer. Keep in mind that the installation of any single popular PHP script by a specialist will cost you money, while we are giving you the chance to install as many scripts as you wish without giving a dime. We have compiled for you a table with the average script installation prices to give you a better idea about the Free Scripts Installer’s advantages. Read More »